The pressure of high volume recruiting is somewhat of a right of passage for recruiters. Some may say that you haven’t truly earned your stripes until you’ve been tossed to the wolves, needing to hire 100 people in 2 months. Some strive, some panic, but all recruiters are looking for ways to manage their workload and increase their success rate when there is a seemingly endless list of openings to fill.
We have put together our list of 5 ways for recruiters to find success during times of high volume:
- Use pre-recorded video screening – Do you know what’s a waste of time for a recruiter? Scheduling phone screens. On top of the back-and-forth scheduling, it’s also time consuming and inefficient to conduct them. A pre-recorded video screen moves candidates quickly through the system and provides a deeper look into candidates.
- KNOW the candidates you’re looking for – This may sound silly and obvious, but if you’re not sure who the “perfect” candidate is, then how do you expect to find the needle in a haystack? Work with the hiring manager to define exactly who you’re looking for.
- Give each position a deadline – We know, the hiring manager wants the position filled ASAP, but they’ve all said the same thing. Create personal deadlines to keep yourself focused and organized.
- Ensure everyone is committed to the process – The hiring team must make filling their openings a priority. If not, candidates will slip through the crack, and the process will drag on far too long.
- Do it right the first time – The last thing a recruiter needs in a time of high volume is turnover. Tighten up your processes and make the right selection the first time.
In your opinion, how many openings constitute “high volume”?